Each of our Mexican talavera tile is unique and handcrafted. The hand made nature gives it a warm and rustic finish. The tiles are made from clay dug out of the ground and fired to a temperature at which the clay undergoes chemical changes and becomes permanently hard. Then the tile is glazed and decorated by hand, and fired once again to give it its final and lively finish. Its physical characteristics make Mexican tiles particularly attractive and distinctive.
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Light-use residential flooring as accents or as a border to define an area.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
• Moist areas where tiles are not submerged in water.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
||V2- Slight Variation
||C1 - Light
||Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in.
Non-sanded grout if joint is less than 1/4 in.
||Use penetrating sealer
• For a comparison of variation and crazing degrees refer to Variation and Crazing Details.
Tiles per Square foot:
||Number of tiles
• Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. It is recommended to revise measurements and tile quantities with an expert installer.
• The following discounts will be reflected in the shopping cart when the proper quantity is entered
||Number of tiles
||Price per tile
|4¼ x 4¼ in.
||1 - 89
Care and Considerations:
• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.
• Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.
• For Installation Recommendations refer to our Installation Guide.