Click a thumbnail to enlarge it
Click a thumbnail to enlarge it
|The square Spanish Mission Red floor tiles are the most popular and come in the following sizes: 8x8, 12x12, and 16x16 in. The tiles can be used throughout an entire project. As one of man’s earliest discoveries, terra cotta tile embodies timelessness. Perhaps its classic appeal stems from the richness of the earth baked into it or how it glows at the mere hint of sunlight. Spanish Mission Red Terra Cotta floor tiles combine color and texture to create the rare beauty of centuries-old tradition.
- Tile has a thickness of 1/2"
- Have chipped edges and small craters.
- There is variations in thickness, flatness, size, squareness.
- May contain small hairline cracks and scratches on the surface.
- There is variety of color between tiles and within individual tiles.
The properties of earthtone color, and texture of our Spanish Mission Red Tile are derived from its clay. The tiles are composed of clay deposits from California and totally handcrafted using old-world methods introduced to this region by the first Spanish explorers and missionaries. Using local natural resources the early Spanish settlers made the first Missions with adobe clay tiles, which were only sun-air dry. And covered floors, walls, and roofs with terra cotta tiles (baked earth). Clay tiles were essential for the foundations of the first California Missions, and continue today to be an important element in the building of Spanish Revival Architecture homes in California, and in other states such as Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Florida to name a few.
All Spanish Mission Tiles must be sealed in order to preserve their beauty. We recommend to use a high quality penetrating sealer such as 511 Impregnator or 511 Porous Plus from Miracle Sealants Company
511 Porous Plus is a penetrating sealer designed for the protection of the most porous surfaces. 511 Porous Plus forms an invisible barrier that is resistant to moisture and stains while allowing vapor to escape. 511 Porous Plus is not a surface coating and will not alter the natural look. All surfaces are harder and less slippery. Therefore, 511 Porous Plus is highly recommended for all our Mexican terra-cotta floor tiles.
The Spanish Mission Red Terracotta floor tiles are made with clay deposits from California, and handcrafted in Mexico. The tiles are made from California clay, dug out of the ground and fired to a temperature at which the clay undergoes chemical changes and becomes permanently hard. They are shaped by hand pressing quarried clay on a wooden frame. The Spanish Mission tile collection is entirely hand made and fired at low temperatures embodying a timeless and authentic California Mission Style Tiles.
• All residential and medium use industrial flooring.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
• Moist areas where tiles are not submerged in water.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
||Unsealed natural clay
||V3 - Moderate Variation
||Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in.
||Use 511 Porous Plus
• For a comparison of variation and crazing degrees refer to Variation Details.
Tiles per Square foot:
||Number of tiles
• Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. It is recommended to revise measurements and tile quantities with an expert installer.
Care and Considerations:
• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.
• For Installation Recommendations refer to our Installation Guide.
No matching colors at the moment