The Quarter Moon tile from our Chapala ceramic Stoneware Mexican Handcrafted Tile Collection can be a perfect complement to decorate a bathroom shower wall, a kitchen backsplash, a fireplace, a stairway, an exterior kitchen countertop or any other project in a Southwest style.
Our Chapala Stoneware Mexican handcrafted tile draws its inspiration from nature and the Mexican Northwest and the American Southwest. The tiles are made from a blend of fine-grain clays and other minerals to produce a very dense body, which makes them highly resistant to moisture, staining and wear. The surface is glazed and hand painted by hand with color pigments. The tiles are fired in kilns making the glaze permanently fused to the body (bisque) to form a finish product. Once the process to create the tiles is complete the tiles become alive and vibrant. They have a rustic, warm, and timeless appeal.
You can use these tiles to create a custom design that blends perfectly with your Southwest style interior design. The colors found in this tile collection are the following: soothing sand color, brown, and cactus green. Some have shots of bright yellow, red, turquoise, and blue.
- Size: 4x4 in.
- Thickness: 3/8 in.
- All sizes are nominal. In most instances the actual tile size of the tile is about 1/8" to 1/4" larger than the posted nominal size.
- Background Color: Most have a sandy color background.
- Glaze Colors: Natural sand, cobalt blues, yellows, reds, greens, and browns.
- Color variation, and design within individual tiles. No two tiles are alike.
- Variations in thickness, flatness, size, and square ness.
- Not frost proof.
For further details of the characteristics of Mexican tile please read the information provided at the Specs tab.