Each of our Mexican talavera tile is unique and handcrafted. The hand made nature gives it a warm and rustic finish. The tiles are made from clay dug out of the ground and fired to a temperature at which the clay undergoes chemical changes and becomes permanently hard. Then the tile is glazed and decorated by hand, and fired once again to give it its final and lively finish. Its physical characteristics make Mexican tiles particularly attractive and distinctive.
Mexican Talavera ceramic tile exudes a natural magnetism that invites to be seen and touched. Made of clay and glazed by hand with natural color pigments, then baked in a kiln in which the colors become alive and vibrant, it acquires a somewhat rustic and timeless appeal.
Our Talavera Collection is a compilation of designs from different origins. The tiles are ideal in just about any ambience whether Spanish, Italian, Moorish, Mexican, Mediterranean or Southwest style architecture.
The tiles are made from clay dug out of the ground and fired to a temperature at which the clay undergoes chemical changes and becomes permanently hard. Then the tile is glazed and decorated by hand, and fired once again to give it its final and lively finish. Its physical characteristics make Mexican tiles particularly attractive and distinctive. Mexican tiles are concave (not perfectly flat). They are characterized as unique, irregular, functional, and expressive.
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Light-use residential flooring as accents or as a border to define an area.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are notfrost resistant.
• Moist areas where tiles are Not submerged in water.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
V2- Slight Variation
C1 - Light
Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in. Non-sanded grout if joint is less than 1/4 in.
• Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. It is recommended to revise measurements and tile quantities with an expert installer.
Care and Considerations:
• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.
• Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.
Colors appear in the order they match best from left to right
We recommend that you add on 10% more than you need to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. Would you like to add 10% extra into the calculation? Yes
Surface Tile Size:
To estimate the number of ceramic tile required for your project with the ceramic tile calculator, you must first determine the total square feet or inches of the area to be tiled.
1. Enter the surface length and the surface width of the area into the Tile Calculator
2. Select the size of tiles to be used
3. If you want add the recommended 10% extra into the calculation
4. And click on the Calculate Usage button!
Disclaimer: This ceramic tile calculator is provided as a courtesy only. All results are estimates and are to be used as such. Mexican Tiles .com cannot be held responsible nor accountable for information derived from the use of this feature.
WARNING: Some products sold in this store contain detectable amounts of lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. Lead may be present in glazed ceramics. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov