Pamper Yourself with a Hand Hammered Copper Sink
Received FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING on selected Sinks! Use coupon code: SHIPFREE at check out.
MexicanTiles.com Online Distributor of Copper Sinks and Tiles for Kitchen, and Bathroom
We carry more than just tiles! We also have hand hammered copper sinks that complement our existing line of Mexican handcrafted tile. We welcome you to experience our large selection of Mexican handcrafted copper sinks, we have all the following designs and styles to select from: self-rimming or oval drop-in sink, round drop-in sink, rectangular drop-in sink, console or pedestal sink, rectangular vessel sink, round vessel sink, conical vessel sink, and recessed vessel sink. We invite you to browse through our web site and experience for yourself our selection of handmade bathroom and kitchen copper sinks.
A copper bathroom sink, commonly referred to as a lavatory sink, is a bowl-shaped fixture that is used for washing hands, brushing teeth, shaving, and similar bathroom activities. Aside from standard function, the form of today's bathroom copper sinks can help you to define the bathroom or kitchen design space as contemporary, traditional, or transitional. Your individual design tastes are highlighted through selection of the appropriate bathroom or kitchen sink. If you scrub and polish-or use acid-based or abrasive products on them, it will damage the patina finish.
About MexicanTiles.com's Copper Sinks
Buyer be aware that all of our sinks are handcrafted. Each sink will have its own unique characteristics - no two sinks are identical. Thus there will be color, size, and design variations compared to the photo shown. Our copper sinks are living finishes and do not have protective coatings. They will change with time and use.
Carefully inspect your sink upon arrival, immediately take note and contact us, if there is any discrepancies. And if you're not satisfied, MexicanTiles.com will refund your money within 30 days. No refunds or exchanges after 30 days. Any liquid coming in contact with your sink can affect the finish, Mexicantiles.com does not warrant the finish after installation.
Mexicantiles.com's sinks are not your typical mass marketed bathroom fixtures, our recycled copper sinks are created and handmade by skilled coppersmiths. The artisans heat and soften the metal over an open forge, using an anvil and hammer to slowly and methodically transform the recycled material into a perfectly formed sink.
When you use a Mexican copper sink in your bathroom design, you are actively participating in the green building design movement by utilizing recycled copper, collected by the artisans who make this sinks. Their skills, diligence, and hard work transforms construction copper, electrical wires, and pipes that might otherwise end up in landfills into elegant decorative elements for home kitchen and bathroom decor.
Our sinks come in the following finishes: natural, Antique (dark brown patina), golden patina, and brushed nickel finish. Some finishes such as the antique are achieved by accelerating the aging process which results in a distinctive patina color. The finish of a natural copper sink is naturally reddish in color and will vary from one sink to another. The sink may present dark spots or streaks due to the nature of the copper itself and the final look of the sink depends on the copper sheet it is made from. The color of the copper will gradually change with time, and it will take on a warm medium patina as it ages.
Decorating Your Kitchen with a Handcrafted Kitchen Copper Sink
The kitchen has been, is, and will be the place where family and friends gather to talk, laugh and enjoy each other over the preparation of a meal. The kitchen is where memories are made. Set off your kitchen area with the custom look and feel of our hand hammered copper sinks. The old fashioned farmhouse copper kitchen sink, also called an copper apron sink, is suddenly getting a lot more popular. These sinks don't sit hidden in the counter like a standard sink. Instead, the front of the sink is exposed, and may even stick out above the cabinetry. They're used in kitchens where the decorating scheme hearkens back to an earlier time, and also go well with southwestern decor. If you're thinking about adding a bit of traditional elegance to your kitchen, Our Mexican farmhouse kitchen copper sinks are definitely a great option.
Decorating Your Bathroom with a Hand Hammered Bathroom Copper Sink
Bathrooms are the second most important room in your home and the vanity area or the bathtub is the focal point of a bathroom. The decision to purchase one of our first grade quality hand hand hammered bathroom sink lavatory from MexicanTiles.com ensures a timeless design that will not only increase the value of your home but also provide years of enjoyment.
Installing a Above-Counter Bathroom Copper Vessel Sink
- Since each of our copper sinks is handcrafted there are variations size, color and texture. Wait till you receive your sink to make the measurements for the installation.
- Determine the size of the vanity and secure it in place on the floor and wall.
- Decide on placement of the vessel sinks and faucets.
- Using a template mark the vanity table for drain and screw holes.
- Make a mark for the placement of the faucet and the faucet handles.
- Keep in mind that although the faucet handles can be placed in any position on the vanity table, the height of the faucet is important. The placement of the faucet can determine how the practicality of the daily use. The faucets can also come off from the wall.
- Make cuts for all openings using a jigsaw and a hole saw.
- Pre drill for the screw holes.
- Check the openings for a correct fit and apply caulk to hole openings if fit is correct.
- Attach the mounting ring.
- Position the vessel sink in place.
- Tip: Be sure to hand-tighten the wing nuts.
- Clean the sink with warm water and remove any excess caulk.
- Mexicantiles.com is not responsible for any wrong installation, errors or damaged caused by the direct or indirect use of the content in this guide. This how-to guide is provided as a courtesy only. Mexicantiles.com strongly recommends consulting a professional or licensed contractor.
How do I Maintain My Copper Sink?
Thank you for choosing the stunning look of our copper sinks. MexicanTiles.com's copper sinks offer you a combination of performance and graceful sophistication that will satisfy you for years to come. For best results, keep the following in mind when caring for your copper sink:
Cleaning Your Copper Sink
- Use a mild detergent such as liquid dishwashing soap and warm water for cleaning. Do not use abrasive cleaners that may scratch or dull the surface.
- Carefully read the cleaner product label to ensure the cleaner is safe for use on the material.
- Always test your clearing solution on a inconspicuous area before applying the entire surface.
- Do not allow cleaners to sit or soak on the surface.
- Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water immediately after cleaner application. Rinse and dry over spray that lands on the nearby surfaces.
- Use a soft, dampened sponge or cloth. Never use abrasive material such as brush or scouring pad to clean surfaces.
The Patinas are created by a firing process and will change over time, developing more interest and variations. A copper finish is a living finish and never really stops changing in color. You can greatly reduce this change with the use of an auto wax and or furniture oil such as Pledge Lemon Oil. Sinks can also be sealed with olive oil.
Please be aware that all Mexicantiles.com's rustic sinks and tubs have a finish that is by nature uneven and variable in color, size, and pattern. In addition, the dimensions and consistency of shape can vary considerably. We offer these sinks and tubs with the view that these variations are part of the rustic character and charm, and do not constitute defects.
Copper is also malleable. Materials that are malleable can be hammered or stretched or rolled into various shapes with relative ease, while still maintaining their strength. Some metals, like copper, are also ductile, which means they are flexible. Should your sink arrive with a bent edge, it can be hammered back into position with little effort. Use a wooden or rubber mallet to straighten any edges that may have been altered in shipping.
All of our Mexican sinks are made of reclaimed copper which naturally posses anti-microbial properties to prevent germs and bacteria from surviving on the surface of raw, unsealed copper.
Copper has been recognized as a hygienic material since the dawn of civilization and, in the last two centuries, the anecdotal evidence has been supported by scientific research showing that copper is anti-microbial, i.e. it inhibits the growth of harmful pathogens - bacteria, moulds, algae, fungi and viruses.
* MexicanTiles.com offers FREE GROUND SHIPPING on all ceramic sinks. Our standard shipping option is Ground UPS, and is available within the 48 contiguous U.S. states and Canada. All other states, countries, and/or shipping methods will incur regular shipping costs, and will be charged separately. Not valid on previous purchases, exchanges, or special orders. If customer returns any items from an order that received FREE GROUND SHIPPING, the original shipping savings associated with the returned item(s) will be deducted from the refund amount. We reserve the right to change or discontinue this free shipping offer at any time.
[ Return to Top ]